Saturday, July 7, 2007

Current Project


As a lot of you know I am a graphic T-shirt adict. I love buying shirts that have cool logos on them. I wear them until they have holes in them and the colour is not longer recognizable. I figured out a way to save my precious T-shirts, I'm going to make a quilt out of them. The above picture is the beginning of my little project. I've cut up my favourites and some of my old work & camp shirts and pieced them together. It was a little painful to cut up some of them but I made myself let go of them because they just looked so ridiculously old. I aim to have them all sewn together by the end of the Summer. I got a bolt of purple sweat shirt fabric for free off of Freecycle and I'm going to use that as the backing. I'm not too enthusiastic about sewing together but the process will help me to learn some patience. I'm sure that once I get it started I won't want to stop. I guess I want to post this so that I will be more accountable in getting my projects done (some how I think this sentence is gramatically incorrect....but I dunno how to fix it).
Anyway that is one of the things I am slowly working away on.











1 comment:

/dr. said...

this project is dope! in high school i made a pair of patchwork pants using 3"x3" patches.

/dr.