Thursday, September 3, 2009

Teacher's College in P-town


As I begin teacher's college I am reminded of my experiences in elementary school. I'm filled with tons of anxiety from the past. Elementary school scarred me, my learning disability caused a lot of damage to me and has continued on into how I even now deal with stress. To begin with I'm a person that needs a lot of encouragement in order to try new things and then to have to go through the pressure of school, it was horrible.
Math class brought up a lot of bad memories for me! Our teacher had us each tell our stories of learning math and I was surprised at how many people had just as bad an experience as me, it was then that my anxiety began to subside.
I dunno though, I'm exhausted and I feel like I'm just going to be running a marathon this whole year....HELP!!!
Plus mom keeps talking about me finding a husband and giving me the purity talk. Awesome, NOT:(. Just because I'm getting my life on track finally doesn't mean I'll have all of my ducks in a row. I've done all the 'right' things in my life and that doesn't garantee a fairy tale ending.

No comments: